Monday, September 15, 2008

As if. . . Because

All is One


My weekend

It started with me getting into an argument with someone very close to me. We argued as if we did not know each other at the time and therefore had no reason to think before we spoke(which, of course, also did not make sense). We were supposed to do something together, but the argument cut things short. As I was realizing that our plans were not going to happen, I got a call from some people I was supposed to get up with a little later, as if they had received a message . That person was saying that they needed to come through to pick me up because their day was full after that. I rode out in a car with one person I had not seen in a while and others I had never met before. We conversed comfortably, as if we had been around each other forever. A part of me still wondered about the argument I had earlier, but the other part of me consoled it by reminding it that there was no need. I returned to a peaceful home early the next day. My original plans took place that day as if they were meant to. The person I argued with continued on as if nothing had really happened.



I realized the truth about my weekend when I replaced the "as if's" with "because".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I find myself saying alot to myself is, "I am exactly where I'm supposed to be." This allows me to fully accept the moment as it is. As a result, things align for me perfectly. Your weekend re-aligned perfectly because of your awareness and acceptance.

Gotta love it!

bometernally said...

Loved your post. I read it a couple of times to replace your "as if..." with the "because".

You were where you were supposed to be. It's about letting go and going with the flow.