Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Walt's Anger: The Road to Enlightenment


I am going to keep it one hundred percent real with you right now: I'm feeling anger. The situation that "caused" my anger is not important. What is important is how I am feeling at this moment. There is subtle tension that I feel in the center of my chest that probably would be exhilarating if not for it's "cause". There is a sweatiness to my hands that moisturizes the keys as I type. My mouth feels dry and my stomach feels semi-empty even though I ate dinner a very short while ago. My brain is in what I call its "turbo mode", where thoughts race by but still remain very clear (as if it were preparing for combat).


The beauty of what you have just read is that by me reaching this point in the entry, those feelings are gone! The more attention I gave to those angry emotions as an entity aside from myself, the harder it became for me to actually claim them as mine. I became a scientist, observing anger as if it were an alien being. And like that( fingers snap), I am back above the clouds. Thank you for this space to communicate and please take this as an example. I know I will.

2 comments:

C. Om said...

Right back to the present.

The power of one's focus is amazing. If only everyone was aware enough to use it.

bometernally said...

I liked this post. The first time I read it was through the blog of What is Really Good? I have remembered it from time to time. Like from the book A New Earth Awakened to Your Life's Purpose, this is a great reminder how to notice what is happening to us to stay on the path and be present. Thanks for the reminder.

I had an incident happen to me today where the egoic mind did not want to let go. I acknowledged it out loud that I was not happy with the situation and proceeded to do what I had come to do at place I was at. Puff! It just dissipated and I forgot about it.